City firefighters quickly extinguish fire at 916 Huntington St.

Date: 10-22-20
Time: 00:50
Incident: Structure Fire
Location: 916 Huntington St
Owner: Brian Kampnich
Address: 23235 Knowlesville Rd,  Watertown, NY
Occupant(s): Kristi Loomis and 2 children

Situation found: Fire in heater ductwork and flooring materials in basement and
1st floor

Action Taken: Fire extinguished

Cause: Accidental- Combustible debris in ductwork

Remarks: City fire units arrived to find fire on the 1st floor around heating duct
and in the ductwork. Fire was quickly extinguished and damage was confined to
the flooring material surrounding the ductwork and the ductwork coming from
the furnace.

Working smoke detectors are credited with alerting the family sleeping on the
second floor and were able to escape without harm.

WFD units operated on scene for approximately 90 minutes and were assisted
by WPD, Guilfoyle ambulance and City codes department.

Occupants will be able to re occupy the home today.

An important reminder as we enter the fall heating season, is to make sure your
heating appliances are cleaned and properly serviced and ensure you have working smoke detectors in your home.

Battalion Chief Chris Hayman
City of Watertown FD