WATERTOWN, NY — On 09/20/22 at approximately 1:00 PM, members of the Metro-Jeff Drug Task Force conducted a search of single-family residence located at 246 Central St. in the City of Watertown, Jefferson County.
Task Force members were assisted by Watertown Police Department and their ID Unit.
The following items were seized from the residence:
– $2,784.00 in US currency.
– 39 grams of Cocaine.
– 325 glassine envelopes of suspected heroin and fentanyl mixture.
– An electronic money counter.
– A Kimber .45 semi-automatic handgun reported stolen.
– Two rifles
– 1 set of brass knuckles
This was the result of a several week investigation where information was
developed Rafus was dealing illegal narcotics from this residence.
Arrested as a result of this investigation:
– Nicholas D. Rafus, 37 YOA
1. Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 3rd degree (2 counts)
Rafus was additionally charged by Watertown City Police for endangering the welfare of a child. Rafus was arraigned in the CAP court located at the Public Safety Building on the drug charges and committed to Jefferson County Jail based on three prior felony drug convictions.
As this investigation continues, additional charges are pending.