WATER QUALITY COORDINATOR
$60,833 – $73,000
(This position requires some day travel within our service area within Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties.)
JOB SUMMARY: The Water Quality Coordinator will assist the Director of Water Quality in meeting state and federal regulatory requirements, execution of the division capital plan and operating budget, and supporting operations to maintain customer satisfaction. The Water Quality Coordinator will assist the Director of Water Quality with high level management activities including large scale procurements, regulatory (DEC, DOH, EPA) and customer relations, operations workload planning and personnel supervision.
• Knowledge with, and able to operate computer systems, data base management
and office equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and reports.
• Experience with water or wastewater distribution, collection, treatment, monitoring and control systems.
• Basic understanding of process equipment, maintenance procedures and
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and data base management.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree in Civil/Environmental, Mechanical Electrical
Engineering, Environmental Science or related field.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: NYS water and wastewater operator licenses preferred.
BENEFITS: The Authority offers a competitive compensation package to include
participation in the NYS Employees’ Retirement System (PENSION), NYS Deferred Compensation Plan, paid holidays, vacation, sick days; medical, dental and vision insurances. Plus, we offer tuition reimbursement and professional development.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB AT: Danc.org/employment