WATERTOWN, NY — On June 9, 2023, at approximately 11:00 a.m., members of the Metro-Jeff Drug Task Force conducted a search of single-family residence located at 30748 NYS Rt 3, Felts Mills, NY.
The search was based on a several month investigation which lead to a search warrant being issued and signed by Honorable Judge Sheldon, Town of Rutland Court.
Drug Task Force members were assisted by the following:
– Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office to include their SERT team, ID Unit, K-9 Unit, Detective Unit, and Road Patrol.
– Watertown Police Department to include their SRT team, ID Unit, and their K-9 Unit.
– Guilfoyle Ambulance.
– Felts Mills Fire Department.
At the conclusion of the search the following items were seized from the residence:
– $3,733.00 in US currency.
– 2.1 ounces of Cocaine.
– 86 glassine envelopes of suspected fentanyl.
– 13.14 ounces of crystal methamphetamine.
– 20 ounces of a liquid containing methamphetamine.
– 1.5 ounces of mushrooms.
– 115 Alprazolam Pills (a narcotic drug)
– 34 pills containing amphetamine.
– 25 suboxone strips.
– 12 misc. pills.
– 5 high-capacity assault rifle magazines
– 1 high-capacity .40 handgun magazine.
– A switchblade knife.
– A body armor vest.
– Several sets of digital scales were located and 1 seized.
– Several rifles were taken for safekeeping.
Arrested as a result of this investigation:
– Larry J. Lacey Jr, 54 YOA, residing at this residence.
– Ronald A. Murray, 39 YOA, residing in the town of Cape Vincent.
1. Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 2nd degree
(1 count each)
2. Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 3rd degree
( 2 counts each)
Lacey and Murphy were arraigned in the CAP court located at the Public Safety Building on the above charges and committed to Jefferson County Jail.
As this investigation continues, additional charges are pending.